Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Female Hormones and Their Influence on Eczema


I have written before on skin care for eczema and what I have found to work best for me after 40 years of personal 'research'. This article must by its very nature be directed towards women who suffer with eczema and for that I apologize to my fellow sufferers who are men.

Many years ago I began to notice a pattern. It took me quite awhile to really understand the connection but eventually I understood that for me, the changes in the female hormones in my system that happen naturally throughout the month have an effect on my eczema. The pattern became pronounced in my early thirties and has persisted for nearly 10 years now, the pattern becoming more consistent and identifiable as time goes on.

The pattern is that somewhere around day 15 to day 21 of my cycle each month I notice an increase in the itching and irritation associated with my 'normal' locations of eczema. Armed with this knowledge I can work proactively to balance my hormones and reduce the eczema before it flares badly.

Anyone who has read any of my articles knows that I am a proponent and user of natural health therapies whenever possible and effective. The methods I have found to work best in this case are energy balancing techniques for women as found in Donna Eden's book Energy Medicine for Women, Female Hormonal Balance Advanced Energy Patches and natural bio-identical progesterone cream when appropriate. Also appropriate is to watch your intake of refined sugars (including alcohol) as these can also cause eczema flares.

The most effective manual energy balancing technique for Female Hormones is an exercise Donna Eden calls the "Hormone Hook-up" which is simply holding 2 points on your head simultaneously for 15 to 30 seconds or so. The points are held with the tips of 3 or 4 fingers and are the very top of the head (may be a tender point) and the base of the occipital bone of your skull, just above where your neck meets your head. Also helpful is tracing the Triple Warmer energy meridian with your hand to balance the Triple Warmer meridian.

Balancing female hormones with the Female Hormonal Balance Advanced Energy Patch is perhaps the easiest route of all, as your body decides what it does or does not need. The Female Hormonal Balance Advanced Energy Patch, like all AE Patches is not chemical. It is the energy signature of balanced female hormones and it works for many of us.

For more information please read my other articles on managing eczema. Good luck!

1 comment:

  1. This is really a nice and informative, containing all information and also has a great impact on the new technology. Thanks for sharing it,
    hormonal imbalance

    ReplyDelete